Block Party Rules
- Block parties may start no earlier than noon and must end by 11 p.m. The street must re-open by 11 p.m.
- A five-day advance notice to the Village of the block party is required.
- All residents fronting the street on which the block party is to be held must be notified of the block party. The applicant shall be responsible for making notice.
- The Village will provide barricades to close the street but the applicant shall be responsible for erecting / removing the barricades.
- The street and surrounding area must be cleaned up after the block party.
- The Village will charge no permit fee for the block party but applicant will be responsible for missing barricades.
- The block party should not become annoying to other nearby residents, disorderly, unnecessarily loud, or bothersome to the neighborhood.
- Applicants for block party permits must be residents of the Village and be at least 21 years of age.
- At least five residential property owners/renters must sign the application for a block party. Permits will not be issued for groups of less than five.
Hosting a Parade or Requesting a Street Closing
Fill out the PARADE-STREET CLOSING APPLICATION and submit it to Village Hall, 250 Elm Street, no less than 30 days prior to the proposed event.