2016 Main Street Rehabilitation

Aerial Photo North Main.jpg

Project Description


Main Street was reconstructed in 1987 with new concrete pavement, curb and gutter and sidewalks. The existing concrete roadway has numerous concrete panels that are cracked or offset, and there are a number of panel joints that need to be repaired. The project limits are Division Street on the south end and the north Village limits on the north end. The project involves diamond grinding the surface of the road to create a smooth driving surface, replacing damaged concrete panels and panel joints, replacing deteriorating sections of curb and gutter, upgrading curb ramps that do not meet ADA requirements and streetscape improvements. Proposed streetscape improvements include landscaped islands, bump outs and crosswalks to provide enhanced pedestrian safety, stamped concrete crosswalks, new trees and planters, new street lights, and upgrades to the Village monuments at the north and south ends of Main Street.

Project Funding


The Village has obtained partial funding through the Federal Surface Transportation Program along with Village Funds that will cover the construction costs for the project. The estimated cost of the project is $681,000 and 80% of the cost will be Federally funded, while the remaining 20% will be paid for by the Village. The Federal funding match is limited to $681,000. Any project costs over this amount will be 100% funded by the Village.


Project Schedule


Final Design Plans/Specifications
July 2015
Bidding November 2015
Begin Construction Phase 1 (concrete road repair and diamond grinding) March 2016
End Construction Phase 1 June 2016
Begin Phase 2 (landscape planting and street scape improvements) August 2016
End Phase 2 November 2016
Begin Phase 3 (Streetlight Fixture LED Retrofit) September 2016
End Phase 3 November 2016
** Two way traffic available during all phases. Phase 2-3 minimal traffic disruption**

Project Contact:


Dan Pedersen
Project Leader WisDOT
(414)-208-7508
dpedersen@sehinc.com

Phase 1 Construction
Schedule
Resident Letter


Weekly Update


Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5


Whats Your Idea?


Click Here to share your ideas.

Contact The Project Team


For more details or to discuss the project, please contact the Village Director of Public Works, Andy LaFond at 262-242-3720 or alafond@village.thiensville.wi.us, or the Project Manager, Kevin Wagner at 262-542-5733 or kwagner@ruekert-mielke.com.

Public Information Meeting Presentation

PIM PPT Cover.jpg

Proposed Improvements

Streetscaping Planset.jpg

Corner Plaza Concept

Treetops - Thiensville Pocket Park Plaza - reduced.jpg

Phase 1 Construction Timeline

Schedule jpeg.jpg

Traffic Study

Traffic Study Jpeg.jpg

Phase 1 Project Plan Sheets

90 Percent Plan Set.jpg

Phase 2 Draft Landscape Plan

3-28-2016 10-48-36 AM.jpg